[3830] CQWW CW WE9V SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we9v@qth.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WE9V SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 01:00:49 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: WE9V

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

  160:   14     5        9
   80:  141    21       78
   40:  382    29      106
   20:  633    38      137
   15:  622    37      140
   10:  359    36      143
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

That was fun!  A lot of personal highs:
*  Highest CW QSO total in any contest from home.
*  Highest country total in any contest from home.
*  Highest CQWW CW score, almost twice my personal best.

Yet, there's LOTS of room for improvement.  Still a lot of S&Ping,
but I did CQ in this one more than usual.  Still got 6 hours of
sleep each night.  And lots of antenna problems.  40M beam got
fried this summer from lightning, so only a 30 foot (10m) high
dipole instead.  My 2-stack of KT34XAs also developed a problem
so only the low (50') one worked.  My S9+20 160M RFI noise is
the worst it's been in 15 years, and the noise blanker did not
help enough.  Was surprised to work a few countries there.
Congrats to those stations with signals big enough to top the
noise.

I'm sure lots of other records set.  Great conditions on all
bands.  Congrats to all for the high scores, and thanks for
the QSOs.

Chad WE9V