[3830] CQWW CW KJ6MBW SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KJ6MBW SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 03:08:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KJ6MBW
Operator(s): KJ6MBW
Station: KJ6MBW

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: SF Bay Area, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:08

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  558    32       96
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-857D with extra filters, 100w
Ant: 2-ele monoband yagi and a GP

Semi serious effort with a lot of time off.

Nice conditions.

Good but not very long morning openings to EU, zones 16,15,14 and 20 were all
present and both S&P and runs were fine.

Much longer lasting afternoon openings to Asia. About 50% or more stations
worked were from Japan.

Reasonably quiet hours between them but these were good to collect some
multipliers from SA, AF and Caribbean.

Had some issue with working VE7 call area as they could not hear me on either
of my antennas, probably too short distance for a skip. VE6 and VE5 were most
loud on the band and easy to work though.

Missed about a dozen or so country multipliers as pileups were big or some
could not hear my 100w when conditions were marginal (night time). Heard three
more zones (17, 23 and 38) but could not get a QSO with them by same reasons.

All makes a big difference with CQWW in years 2006 and 2007 when very few
stations could be worked on ten from here i.e. AS and EU openings were just not
present and all activity would end up with 100 or fewer QSOs.

73

Sergey