[3830] CQWW CW K5IID SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5iid@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5IID SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 04:42:44 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5IID
Operator(s): K5IID
Station: K5IID

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   44    11       27
   40:  122    21       52
   20:  176    32       91
   15:  186    30       92
   10:  373    33      118
------------------------------
Total:  903   129      382  Total Score = 1,301,006

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Gee golly whiz Batman! Where did all that come from? One of my better over all
efforts in my career...especially from North Central Texas.
I had a ball! Still took time off for breakfast and lunch with my wife on
Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
This was probably my last big contest from this QTH. We will be moving early
next year and will not have space for any low band antennas as if I have any
decent low band antennas now. A parallel fed dipole for 40/80 up at about 35
feet max. Would you believe that the two 160 contacts were made on a non
working 40 meter half square at about 25 feet. PJ2 and T4 on 160 with that!
The quad performed very well.
Did anyone else notice really weird skewed paths on 15? Northern EU was much
stronger beaming due east. Didn't notice much on 10 at all though.
I was hoping to work the VU4 during the contest, but I am convinced now that
there is a big RF choke somewhere between them and me! I never heard them well
enough to work the whole time they were there on any band!
That part of the world is very tough from here.
Anyway, it was fun for this OT to rack up a decent score with antennas no
higher than 40 feet!
Let's see what next year brings!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Tom K5IID