[3830] CQWW CW AC4CA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@ac4ca.us
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AC4CA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 13:21:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AC4CA
Operator(s): AC4CA
Station: AC4CA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 25.7

  160:   20    11       16
   80:   56    15       35
   40:  187    25       69
   20:  252    26       75
   15:  396    26       87
   10:  265    28       65
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were better than I've experienced in recent memory. 40m was
particularly good, with the majority of EU signals quite loud, many well over
over S9. My 160m "Lazy L" came down in the wind Saturday night, so I
was unable to take advantage of some decent propagation on that band. The Array
Solutions SAL-30 RX loop performed magically on 160m thru 40m. In fact,
throughout the contest during runs there were only two stations I had to
"give up on," in terms of copiabiity. I find that amazing,
considering I ran high power using the "Lazy L," GAP vertical and a
tribander for transmit antennas. That is, I was probably unbalanced, leaning
toward being an "alligator." As many of you know I am recovering from
chemotherapy and was not sure how many hours I could put in, but managed a total
time of over 25 hours. That, in itself, was a moral victory for me. If I'd felt
better, I'm sure I could have come close to doubling my score. This was a
really fun contest, one of the most enjoyable in many years. Too bad my 100'
tower and Steppir DB18E weren't ready!