[3830] CQWW CW M6W(G3WW) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g3ww.dez@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M6W(G3WW) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:37:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M6W
Operator(s): G3WW
Station: G4EHT

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Lichfield
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   77     7       45
   80:  340    13       65
   40:  523    29      101
   20:  440    35      103
   15:  547    37      116
   10:  500    37      121
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Pre-contest goal was 3 Mil. points and to just have fun. I exceeded my goals and
hadn't had this much fun since the last sunspot max when setting the low power
Asian record in 2001 as ZC4DW.

With a very modest station, (no beams or towers and no antennas higher than
10m), the superb conditions produced Worked All Zones and 4-Band DXCC by the
second evening. Busting pile ups with 100w and a simple set up is challenging
but that is the thrill of the game!

It seemed that all the bands were in great shape and it was difficult at times
to know which one to be on. 9K2HN and P3F were very strong on top band, and I
tried several times with them both but couldn't make my puny 160m signal
heard.

The three high bands appeared to close much earlier on Sunday and I missed some
operating time after Sunday lunch when I needed 40 winks to sleep off a
headache, and as always it was at a crucial time. Losing internet at 5 am on
the second morning didn't help matters either but didn't impact greatly on the
score as I was hallucinating with the sleep loss at around the same time!

I think a score of 5 to 6 Mil. points would be achievable from G in this
category with perhaps a tri-band beam and low band dipoles.

FT-1000MP barefoot

10m, 15m       Trap dipole
20m, 40m, 80m  Butternut vertical
160m           Loaded inv-L (25 feet vertical, 60 feet horizontal)