[3830] CQWW CW N8UM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8UM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:06:10 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  216    23       78
   40:  401    31       89
   20:  436    32       95
   15:  542    26       92
   10:  495    29       79
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Looking back in my records, this contest has seen good to great conditions for
the last couple of years.  This year was no exception.  In fact, I think the
low bands were as good as they have ever been for the CQWW.  Since I slept for
4 hours each night, I never even thought of checking 160 since I found 78
countries on 80 meters.  80 meters opened wide to Russia and Western Europe at
0100Z the second night.  The only down side was a poor 80m JA path on Sunday
Morning.  The only complaint on 10 and 15 was they closed 90 minutes after the
start of the test and opened normally at sunrise (not 1000Z!)

My mults were way down compared to other HP Assisted stations since I am
blinded to South America by a hillside behind my house that that rises higher
than the 67 foot 80/160 vertical (the low take off angle does not help either.)
 I am really pleased with my score but conditions were so good that K3LR beat me
by ten thousand five hundred contacts.  WOW!