[3830] CQWW CW N1UR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, edsawyer@sbelectronics.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1UR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 01:01:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 44.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   83    11       40
   80:  592    21       74
   40: 1164    30       92
   20:  800    34      107
   15:  981    33      101
   10: 1086    31      101
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Those were fabulous conditions.  We have experienced a great sunspot
peak from 2011 - 2014. If this weekend didn't get you excited, time
to find a different hobby.

This was my second high power contest and my first CQ WW CW as high
power.  As in the SSB contest, this was a shake down cruise for
the station and myself.  I am happy to report that the station is
proving to be up to the task now (after a lot of work).  The operator
still needs some technique ajustment and improvement.  But that will
come with time.

Interestingly, I find the rate that the station can provide in these
conditions, very handlable (opening hour on 40M of 154 and best hour
of 194).  Its interweaving the mults on the second
radio at high speeds that needs work.  Also, the decision making of
where to point and when is still not yet fully understood, especially
having 2 directions with reasonable power now in play.

While the conditions were amazingly balanced from 160 - 10 (best I have
seen), the 15 and 10 openings to Asia during the mid day were not there.
They were made up for is strong conditions both days at the usual 21 - 01Z
slots.  The loudest I have ever heard a China station on 10M - B1Z was
20 - 25 over 9 at 2245Z on Saturday night.

I will continue to work on finding a "zone" using high power.  Not
there
yet.  But loving the "newness" that its provides vs 10 years of
competitive
low power.

What AMAZING scores by WA1Z (congrats on the new CW record Bob) and N5AW in
the Low Power category.

Congrats to Doug - K1DG on a great score as usual and showing everyone what
is possible on 160.  I CQ'd too late.  Should have tried earlier like you did.
Still grabbed 30 EU Qs and a number of mults in 30 mins at the end of the
Saturday night part.

Good to see K5ZD demonstrating what a boost the assisted class can give.
Great
score - Randy.

I would also add the comment that this was the BEST in 10 years for people
IDing.
We all very much appreciate adding that aspect to the rules.

Love this game.  See you next in the Stew.

Ed  N1UR