[3830] CQWW CW N5NU(@NR5M) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xagolds@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5NU(@NR5M) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 01:22:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5NU
Operator(s): N5NU
Station: NR5M

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1764    37      141
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1764    37      141  Total Score = 859,918

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to George for letting me use this phenomenal station.  Also, a special
thanks for his hospitality which is amazing.  I'm a full time missionary, but
for this weekend George served myself and K5GA & N1XS (20m & 10m) and
made our lives easy all we had to do was play radio.  Coming and playing at a
station of his caliber is a real privilege and I'm very grateful!

A few notes:

-  K index came up on Saturday and lots of stations were really fluttery.

-  Let's hear it for the Chinese stations that are on!  Naturally, we are
dependent upon Europe, but I was pleased to work 395 JA's and 27 BY stations
(Plus a BV).  Yes 27!!

-  Missed three zones; 22, 34 & 37.  I heard VU2TS working WE3C early
Sunday morning was unsuccessful with an "2TS Up 1 Up 1"  He was quite
weak here.  The only other multipliers heard but not worked were SV5 and
VP9/N3AD.  Both were S&P'ing.

-  I found quite a number of stations obviously pre-packet spots as I'm a
meticulous S&P'er.  Quite a few times I was thinking "PLEASE don't
spot...PLEASE don't spot..."  MU0FAL, EY8MM, and KG4LB were all not-strong
and were worked fairly easily.  Otherwise I probably couldn't have worked them.

-  We have a continued problem with people NOT ID'ing.  If you don't ID after 3
contacts, I'm going to call you.  People who don't ID are wasting my time
(waiting for them to ID) and ultimately their time (When I inevitably dupe
them).  Some stations are very good about it.  Others show 80 dupes probably
because everyone else gets frustrated with waiting and just dupes them too.
Openings are somewhat short and ultimately you just hurt yourself.

Thanks again for the contacts and thanks for the U.S. guys who slid a few 100Hz
when asked to (K2LE & N4PN, you were a real gentleman in particular,
shoutout to y'all)

73, Jason