[3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 02:45:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    9     2        3
   80:   69    11       31
   40:  167    16       64
   20:  240    26       81
   15:  280    28       85
   10:  362    24       79
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow that was fun!  First time in 46 years I had the entire weekend to myself.

This was my best score ever exceeding last year's QSOs, zones and countries.
Overall it was about 80% S&P and 20% running.

The conditions on 10, 15 and 20 were fantastic, especially Saturday afternoon
on Sunday morning. 40 was very good but 80 was disappointing. Anything on 160
is a bonus since I use my 80M dipole through a tuner.

Highlights:
Exceeding my 2013 score at 1554 Sunday (in 6 hours less time)
Great run on 10M Sunday morning
9K2HN on 20M while running
BY5CD on 20M (all alone at 14.001)
KG4LB on 80M
OX3OA LP on 15M
A71BX on 20M while running
EI4Y on 40m with 45 seconds to go (country # 343)
Breaking dozens of big pileups using split frequency

It amazing how many multipliers can be found during the last 3 hours.
I wish stations would listen more and call up from the DX station frequency.
Believe me it works and saves a LOT of time in pileups.

Station: TenTec Omni7 @ 100W, MFJ Differential T tuner, WINkeyerUSB, Heil
ProSet
Antennas: 10/15/20 4 element Yagi @ 30ft, 40/80 dipoles via ladder line @ 35ft
Computer: Win 7 PC running N1MM