[3830] CQWW CW GM5X(GM4YXI) SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k.kerr@abdn.ac.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GM5X(GM4YXI) SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:27:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GM5X
Operator(s): GM4YXI
Station: GM4YXI

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Ellon
Operating Time (hrs): 23.9

  160:  141     9       36
   80:  268    16       47
   40:  382    22       59
   20:  546    28       63
   15:  900    31       93
   10:  682    28       77
------------------------------

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

Business travel meant I did not get home until 1230z Saturday. Initially I
thought I would just do some DXing, then I discovered the Classic option in the
rules! Tactically I probably got this all wrong, but I got QRV at 1530 Saturday,
dropped a couple of hours on Saturday evening, slept 00-05 Sunday and finished
the 24h stint at 2230 Sunday. Not ideal, I am sure. I also think I did not
spend enough time looking for mults but I am really not sure what the best
approach is.
Good fun though and great propagation at times. Aurora killed things a bit on
Sunday evening. Spent too long waiting on some guys to ID!

73 Keith GM4YXI/GM5X