[3830] CQWW CW VO2CQ(VO1MP) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, samuelsongus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VO2CQ(VO1MP) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 16:53:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VO2CQ
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO2CQ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  119     9       20
   80:  394    16       65
   40:  660    27       75
   20:  668    33       98
   15:  542    27       98
   10:  649    25       92
------------------------------

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Many Thanks to Nazaire VO2NS   and  his  wife Carol for their hospitality, and
HOWL  for loaning  their station. Unfortunately the -36 degrees Celsius ( -33F)
 made outside conditions not exactly shirt sleeve weather  hi! little Cool..
Lots of Local QRN   s-6/s-8 , undoubtedly originating from the Carol Lake
Local Mining and industrial complex...... it made  operating conditions a bit
of a challenge, having  said
that for some inexplicable reason the noise completely disappeared on Saturday
and Sunday late afternoon  this made copy of the weak  ones and a lot of the
Pacific and Asian  stations possible. However beaming to Europe  and Asian I
had to  point directly at the mining complex.. The noise I was hearing
Probably has something to do with equipment  running at the site .   In any
event  that might have been academic  had SOL not decided to Cooperate,
Conditions were as good as I have ever seen them from ZONE 2   ,
My last operation there was CQWWSSB in 2001  on the Labrador Coast, when an
overnight flare  completely obliterated our Sunday Operation, so I knew going
in  that  you  kind of pay yer money and take yer chances.As so many have
commented conditions were fantastic.
Ran the K3/KAT500/KPA500 through their paces.  This combination affords a very
nice easily transportable  500-600 watt set up, was  very pleased  with how the
trio  worked ..  The new N1MM Logger prog worked well....  The Station set up
being in the near field of the antenna system did create some hiccups ..  and
rebooting .. ..due to RF into the various  interface and  computer pieces.
Did a bit too much S&P however I feel that  was necessitated by the quite
frequent  struggle with QRN...
Without the noise the station is a different animal ...  All antennas on one
50 foot tower ..
Cushcraft El 40 M
HYGain TH7
Wires on Low Bands
Fun and games managed to stay awake for 38 of the 48 ...
Thanks for all the Q's..
Hope to C'Y'all Soon
GLWCDR
73  Gus    VO1MP/VO2CQ