[3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:45:49 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  165    15       42
   80:  799    20       72
   40: 1473    25       87
   20: 1228   323       95
   15: 1386    29       99
   10: 1598    33      106
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was disappointed that I couldn't get anything going on 160m. I guess I should
have spent more time on 160m the 2nd night, as it has been mentioned it was
better then.

There were an amazingly large number of calls beginning with Rs and Us. 10% of
my total contacts. I hope they all show up for WPX. DL was 10% of my log also.

Addressing assisted vs. non-assisted, I operated CWWW SSB assisted and CW
unassisted. It is definately more rewarding finding mults while tuning
unassisted and I find it easier to tune the 2nd radio on CW than on phone.
While assisted requires more skills than just pointing and shooting, there is
still a large element to it that feels like shooting fish in a barrel. I sure
hope these are maintained as separate categories.

It seems like only a handful of stations (mostly in zone 9) didn't get the
message about sending callsigns every three contacts.

No major glitches, but the controller on my top 10 meter rotator failed.
Fortunately it was pointed a Europe. Unfortunately, my 2nd 40m yagi is under
the top 10 meter and I couldn't use it for SA mults.

My main regret is that I didn't operate closer to 46 hours.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT