[3830] CQWW CW NP4Z M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, np4zet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NP4Z M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 14:22:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): KP4EJ K9PG KP3W NP3A K9NW NP4G NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: KP4
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   405    17       58
   80:   659    27       92
   40:  2285    34      118
   20:  2106    39      138
   15:  2836    38      142
   10:  2566    37      135
-------------------------------

Club: Los Chachos Contest Club

Comments:

What a great time, it was fantastic to have a good group of local guys with a
couple of our long time friends from usa to join.
Had the great opportunity to get our local guys envolved on a multi 2
operation
and with their limited experience in contesting, getting them to work as a team
was a breeze, what a great group of guys!

At the start we had some issue with our logging that kept us from being able to
key some radios and logging as well so we where very stressed, eventually after
like 30 minutes we got to the point where we could run and log properly.
The computer issues never abandoned us during the contest but we managed to
work around those problems.

Had some rf issues as well that pop up during the contest that werent present
before in our initial test, Identified some boxes responsible for some of those
that need to be replaced.
I have along  list of items to work on for next one, since IM sure these issues
kept us from breaking the NA record this year.  Theres a fine balance and many
details that require attention when you are operating from a station thats not
originally designed for multi transmitters.

Now with the addition of inband and multiplier radios the game is one that
requires significant engineering attention. Kudos to the maginificent groups
that achieved that level of technical ability and engineering.

Would like to thank, Pablito (k9pg)and Mickey (k9nw) to come down and help us
of this one, for giving their best effort and showing patience while dealing
with unexperienced operators and taking the time to pass their knowledge.

Thanks to Ranko 4o3A on his help with the setup and particularly to Charlie
KP4EJ who worked tirelessly with me for many weeks to assure the success of the
 operation. Also to Eric NP3A for his antenna design and computer expertise,
also Jose KP3W for joining us and being a great team player.

Certainly im very happy with the experience and looking forward to include in
the next one some next generation devices to enhance our score.

Also congratulations to all the teams for their efforts and to NP2X for great
competition next door!

Stay tuned in for more action from Los Chachos Contest Villa and Los chachos
contest group!

Thanks

Felipe
NP4Z