[3830] CQWW CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 10:34:42 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

  160:   62    10       55
   80:  109    22       88
   40:  144    39      128
   20:  347    39      136
   15:  418    38      139
   10:  343    40      146
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I had not much time after the SSB part to improve my station but I managed to
fix a few issues that arose during the SSB part. I still have two multiplier
antennas to be tuned and lifted up.

Unfortunately the luxury of spending the whole weekend on the radio was not
possible this time. Due to the time limitation I chose to concentrate more on
working the multipliers and testing of my equipment. Almost everything was
working as expected. I was using the YCCC SO2R+ controller for the first time
on CW and I noticed that it was sometimes sending a partial call although I had
typed in a full call.

The propagation was quite good on Saturday but declined on Sunday. I spent most
of Saturday picking up multipliers with two radios. I missed many QSOs as I had
to go QRT for more than 5 hours. I was also very tired and had to rest during
the night time. Taking a couple of shorter brakes here and there didn't help
either.

I tried to run occasionally on Sunday but the rates never took off due to the
declining propagation. I also had to QRT for almost 5 hours during the best
daylight time.

Being able to work some juicy multipliers on 80m was a nice surprise. I worked
20 more countries and 6 more zones on 80m than in 2013. Also 160m was a bit
more productive than last year. Totally I worked 19 more zones and 70 more
countries than in 2013. Being able to work WAZ on 10m was also a thrill. In the
end I tried to push past 3M but I fell slightly short. Although the  propagation
went down on Sunday I think that without the time constraints I could have made
a new personal record. I'm quite surprised that I was able to work this score
with so few QSOs.