[3830] ARRL 160 AK7AR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ak7ar.owen@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 AK7AR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 16:03:58 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: AK7AR
Operator(s): AK7AR
Station: AK7AR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: 12-Toes Az
Operating Time (hrs): 2 many

Total:  QSOs = 363  Sections = 78  Countries = 5  Total Score = 57,798

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My first contest by myself.

Single Op contesting can get boring... fast.
I much prefer M/M.

I used this contest to refine my NL+, CWS, and F5000A setup.
Once the basics are down, I will transition to SO2V/SO2R.

Win 7 does not like all the multi-tasking... but then again, no windows OS
is a true multi-tasking OS. I had to shut everything down about once every two
hours and restart. Too bad the software was not ported to Linux or some other
more stable platform. But.. it was tolerable as it made me get up and stretch.

Had this been a more serious effort, I would have strived for at least 400
QSO's. But this was an exploratory adventure with the intent on refining the
set up. I suspect when the 2015 version of this contest comes around, I should
be able to do 500 to 750 QSO's in less time than it took me to get 363.

We shall see.

Oh, BTW, I could not dit my dah out of a paper bag. So for you folks that are
afraid to dive in to a CW contest because you are not a high-speed death
machine running 45 wpm CW whilst talking on the phone and washing the car...
please let it be known that I don't know 5 wpm and it did not stop me. It was
awesome to be apart of the CW culture and experience, first hand, their skills
set. This only inspires me to push toward that goal of 45 wpm... yeah, I won't
make it that high... but I will be giggly as a school girl if I can make it to
25 wpm.

tnx de AK7AR