[3830] ARRL 160 N6WM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6WM@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N6WM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 18:29:44 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 1.25
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 135  Sections = 48  Countries = 1  Total Score = 12,960

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Kids were watching a movie Saturday night so went out to the shack and figured I
would give some qso's to the local folks for an hour working away on Top Band.

Found QRG and started calling cq.  Never left that qrg for 1 hour and 14
minutes. rate meter was just over 100/hr the entire time.

Mission accomplished.. lots of regulars for the NCCC Top band holiday party..
K9YC, W1SRD, K6JEB, N6TV, WC6H and many more.  Thanks for the hellos.. dit dits
and seasons greetings!  Jim Brown gets the "First KBer to pounce"
award.

What I didn't expect..  48 sections calling from all over NA and the Pacific..
Saturday fresh meat I guess.. that's a lot of mults for 1 hour of op time.  at
one point had a fairly sizeable pile up of east coasters.. always fun on TB
with the occasional 6 lander piercing through at 20 over. no choice but to work
the 6 and then carry on pulling out the CT, NNY, NJ.. etc.

All in all a great hour of ham radio entertainment.. and indeed Seasons
Greetings to all.. With a little luck hope to see you all on 10m next week with
a bit more time to dedicate.  If so will be mixed mode to work you on cw then
say happy holidays to you on phone :-).

Thanks for the q's and hope my hour and change helped your effort.

Assesment.. band ok domestically..  Not so good internationally.

Operating Condx
K3/0 >>>> K/3 100 >KAT500 >KPA500 > Inverted L with
Several radials and K9YC choke.  Remote from Fremont to K6LRG Livermore

73 and seeya next time

Chris
N6WM