[3830] ARRL 160 K3CCR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3CCR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 03:09:20 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM K3DI
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

Total:  QSOs = 580  Sections = 62  Countries = 11  Total Score = 87,308

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington retirement community.
For ARRL 160 this year available operators were N3UM and K3DI.
Our 160 m. antenna was an expedient compromise: an inverted V with
its apex at the 75-ft. level on our 85-ft. tower (the base of
which is 45 ft. above most surrounding terrain).  The wire was
hoisted hastily and its ends secured Thurs. and Fri. by Grant W3GB
and Gerry N3ADY, and worked well.  N3UM operated 7.5 hours the
first night: had some runs and worked most eastern and mid-country  sections
and 3 NA countries, but only EWA and WWA on the W. coast,
and only one EU.  K3DI put in 9 hours the second night and got 7
EU mults, NNY, and SCV. Propagation was good but not great.  We
got 62 sections and 11 DX countries.  Missed WTX, MT, OR, ID, NV,
8 of 9 in CA, PAC, AK, PR, NL, SK, AB, BC, and NT.  We are pleased
the inv-V antenna did well in just-average conditions, and look
forward to using it in Stew Perry, CQ WW 160 CW, and CQ WW 160 SSB
contests in the next few months.