[3830] ARRL 160 N2GC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2gc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N2GC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 20:23:38 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC
Station: N2GC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NLI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 969  Sections = 75  Countries = 18  Total Score = 191,394

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PRO3, AL-1200, Inv double L @55' lower element 5' off ground, No RX
antenna

That was fun! New antenna worked very well. Operator could have done better if
he had planned better before the contest. Forgot how important it is to do SO2V
when trying to hold a decent run frequency where the antenna is resonant. I
realized this Saturday night when the runs got slower. I tried to reconfigure
the computer on the fly but must have done something wrong. When using the
mouse to click on a spot in the VFO B band map it would change VFO A to that
freq and call CQ on top of him instead of sending my call (sorry for being a
LID). It seamed to work right if I only used the keyboard to click on spots in
VFO B's band map. I will have to work on that for next time.

It seemed that conditions to the west coast were better than conditions to
Europe on Friday night and vice versa on Saturday night. I missed most of
eastern Europe sunrise on Saturday night so probably missed a few more DX
mults. Also missed some sections that I know were active ND, EB, LAX, SF &
SK.

See you this weekend in ARRL 10 where we will be MS with my two sons Sam KD2EZL
and Leo KD2FIX. They will probably do most of the SSB part and I will do all of
the CW.

73 Mike N2GC