[3830] ARRL 10 NA1DX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, doug@ellmore.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NA1DX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 02:23:28 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NA1DX
Operator(s): NA1DX
Station: NA1DX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Maryalnd
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   90    37
  SSB:  422    71
-------------------
Total:  512   108  Total Score = 130,032

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I got on a little Friday night and caught some local 10m action and some
openings west.

I had some pretty good rates running.  My SSB rate was well above my CW run
rate in the 20s to 30s.  So, I stayed on SSB and racked up the QSOs.

I missed the opening to EU deer hunting Saturday morning.  After I figured that
out, I still kept my beam pointed 45 degrees and worked tons of USA off the back
of the beam while working EUs, including Africa.  Later I swung south, but not a
lot of N-S action, so later I swung the beam to the West like Field Day.  Worked
west coast big time from the rockies over and tons of Texas.  I worked South
Africa twice off the back SW lobe of the beam.  They said I was 20-40 db over
off the back!

Lots of stations said I was LOUD this weekend using the classic Heathkit SB201
AMP.

It is really cool when you are running and the stations stackup from VK, ZL,
KH6 and KL!

I think I got all but 1 of the 10m WAS states I needed - Maine was missing.