[3830] ARRL 10 K9JK SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K9JK SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:41:26 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9JK
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 4:26

   CW:
  SSB:  64     36
-------------------
Total:  64     36  Total Score = 4,608

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

VERY casual effort, operating from the car parked in the driveway. The
seasonable mildness of this mid-December weekend near Chicago was MUCH
appreciated. The hamstick-clone mobile antenna mag-mounted to the massive(?)
ground plane roof of our Toyota Corolla worked a LOT better than last year when
I operated from IN the house with the same antenna mag-mounted to the railing of
our front steps (which I found out later, when I was able to check that
configuration with an antenna analyzer, was WAY OFF in resonance, about 4 MHz
high.

Thanks to KK9H for the IL multiplier. TG9ANF was BOOMING in here but I never
managed to get him to hear me...I don't *think* it was pile-ups, just the
challenge of my running QRP power level

Thanks to all the stations who were on and participated in this test,
especially to those who picked my puny signal out of the noise.

Thanks also to ARRL for their continued sponsorship and support for the 10
Meter Contest.

73, JK