[3830] ARRL 10 VE4EA SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve4ea@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE4EA SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 04:19:55 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Manitoba
Operating Time (hrs): 20.4

   CW:  609   120
  SSB:  873   121
-------------------
Total: 1482   241  Total Score = 1,007,862

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Conditions in the ARRL 10m contest felt more like VHF propagation  (Sporadic E x
6m) with a bit of DX thrown in.

While I knew there was considerable Solar and geomagnetic activity 2 days
before the start (Thursday).  I still had hopes that by Sunday the flaring
would subside and we'd have at least one great day of propagation.

Unfortunately, this was not the case.  Last year, we had hours of European runs
and plus S9 signals throughout.  This year there were few if any European runs.

Europe, for the short time that we did have openings was peaking at a southern
skewed path, (approximately 50 degrees south).

This is still a fun contest.  And it doesn't hurt that we can be civilians for
a good 11-12 hours.  Thank you to all for the QSOs.

We hope to see many many of you in the annual Radio Amateurs of Canada Winter
Contest beginning Friday September 27 at 0000Z.  We guaranty that you will not
miss a VE4 mult!

73, Cary  VE4EA

K3, 500 watts
TH-7