[3830] ARRL 10 W4QO SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w4qo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4QO SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 04:37:38 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: ga
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  190    77
  SSB:   69    41
-------------------
Total:  259   118  Total Score = 105,964

Club:

Comments:

Really had no intention of doing much with this one; just checking the bands
during different parts of the weekend.  A 5 minute period here; 30 minute
period there but by Sunday noon, I was getting more into it and worked 4.5
hours that afternoon.

I was surprised that there were parts of the US that just didn't show up in GA.
 Plains state over through 9 land and into 3's and 4's.  Not many 2's into
Atlanta.  Did not think the band was as good as CQ WW SSB or at least not as
many ops on the air as phone activity stopped around 28.7 mhz when during the
CQWW, it went to 29.2 mhz.  Of course, I did little phone this weekend; all
later Sunday PM.  The band yielded huge numbers of 6's and 7's both days.  The
band ran pretty long for DX when there was very little US at times.

Ran 5 watts max with the KX3 into a 3 element Yagi at 60' and some wires for
quick direction changing.  Used N3FJP on this one as I had hoped to have some
technicians stop by the QTH to operate but none did.  Was able to help young 15
yo ham KK4NVJ get up a 10M dipole on Friday PM for use with the Radio Shack 10M
rig he borrowed from the radio club.  He said he had fun!  Not knowing CW he
even used fldigi to even make a few CW contacts!  Ah, memories!