[3830] ARRL 10 K6JEB SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6jeb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K6JEB SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 05:50:12 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 8:10

   CW:  248    51
  SSB:   98    37
-------------------
Total:  346    88  Total Score = 104,544

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday evening (local) was a bit thin for me. I started a bit late and so by
time I really got going the band was done for the night. Saturday was great.
Nice runs with low noise levels meant excellent rates and as they say in the
NCCC "run and the multipliers will come to you".  Such a pleasure to
have the station (this time my Yaesu FT-857D, Ameriton AL-811H, and Cushcraft
A3S Yagi up 10m (and sometimes the ground-mounted Butternut HF9V).  Few times
during the contest year is working phone as enjoyable, maybe because we can
spread ourselves out (all the way up past 29.0MHz). CW was fantastic (as
always). Around mid-afternoon local I would swing the Yagi towards Japan to get
the rate back up and  . . . WAHOO! Since I'm on the setup crew for the upcoming
Heard Island (VK0EK) DXpedition in 2015, I had previously committed to an
all-day work/setup to make sure many of you can add VK0 to your DXCC
Worked/Confirmed list. So I took one 'for the team' and didn't get to operate
Sunday in the contest (though the conditions before I left were phenomenal and
I have no doubt my score would have been possibly double of what it was from
operating half if this contest).  Note to self for next year:  make sure to
clear the schedule for this contest in 2015.