[3830] ARRL 10 K1TN SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1TN SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 06:17:56 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   CW:  151    65
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  151    65  Total Score = 39,260

Club:

Comments:

Cue up the Twilight Zone theme song...

Antenna: 50-foot end-fed wire, 15 feet above ground. This antenna simply did
not work this weekend. Example: how is it that K1VMT, in Vermont, was
practically a beacon both days yet I never even heard CT, ME, or RI? A complete
mystery to me. I just could not hear much. I think I worked every station I
could hear. I think my noise level here is highest on 10 Meters, and it seemed
worse this weekend than previously.

The only states I worked in the 4th call area were FL and VA -- yet, the
loudest stations all weekend were in the close Caribbean, PR, USVI, and so on.
Go figure. My end-fed wire "points" south but that can't possibly
mean anything, can it? (It's the only arrangement I can manage here.) Toward
the end on Sunday I got one OH and one WV. I never heard IL or IN.

I looked at early score postings and it's as if I was operating another
contest. I am really sorry that I failed to hand out points to so many big
guns. I just didn't hear you.

Below are my year end stats. I like being able to store them on the 3830
"cloud." I moved from Wisconsin to Florida this past summer, and
missed operating all of June and July. I made 3168 QSOs from Wisconsin, then
moved to Florida and made another 1708.

I have now made basic DXCC from Indiana, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Jersey,
Wisconsin, Florida, the Bahamas, and Montserrat.

-- K1TN SIX YEAR STATS --

Included are major contests, minor ones, and some QSO Parties.

Number of QSOs

2009 K1TN/2  4590
2010 K1TN/2 and K1TN/9  7268
2011 K1TN/9  7689