[3830] ARRL 10 N6AN(@W6UE) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidchodge@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6AN(@W6UE) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:41:41 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   CW:  765    87
  SSB:  547    84
-------------------
Total: 1312   171  Total Score = 710,334

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

What a fun weekend of contesting! I wish I'd been active the whole time.
The first 2:40 I could operate, then Saturday from 1745 to 2335, and Sunday
from 1847 to 2215. Unfortunately, I missed most the multiplier rich EU
openings, but still got calls from EI, F, G, OH, OX, SM, SP, TF, SM, the
Northern gents very gravely and ghostly on CW. Thank You!
Rate was great! A 189 hour on phone the first day, a 160+ hour on CW and a few
other hours over 120.
Despite the big activity, finding a run frequency was not so difficult. On
Sunday morning 28001.04 was all mine. When I got called by the last two
holdouts for WAS, WY and NM, I switched to SSB to wrap up that state sweep.
No NM and ID. So close...98 out of 100 ain't bad!
Many signals were very loud and conditions seemed pretty good despite the
seeming lack of DX. I did very little S&P, though.
Some audio signals were on the wide side, and even zero beat the "buck
shot" was evident. There are signals on the air that are so distorted that
intelligibility is close to zero.
On CW there were some signals 400 HZ or more away causing clix and crud in the
400 or 250 HZ passband of my K3, no noise blanking/reduction nor preamp in
line.

I enjoyed being called by ZS and ZL within 6 minutes on Sunday around 2030.

Saturday morning I had everything working properly. But Friday night I relived
the old days, more or less, by sending everything with the paddle.

I hope this is not the last hurrah for 10 meters.
Thanks for all the QSOs and hellos!
73,
David N6AN @Caltech/W6UE

K3 N1MM