[3830] TBDC EI2CN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] TBDC EI2CN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 12:53:26 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 277  Total Score = 1,409

Club:

Comments:

The band was not very good.   It was later before North America really started
coming in.   No QSOs west of the Mississippi that I am aware of unless possibly
one or two in Texas.   In the early evening with EU activity the Q rate was
keeping me wide awake at around a miserable 50/hour.   However this dropped off
as the evening progressed and at 5AM UTC, I decided it was not worth any more
effort.

My best QSO came earlier in the evening with OA4TT in Peru for 6188 miles - he
had a good strong 579.    Namibia, V55V was otherwise the only real DX.
Thanks so much to these two operators.

I hope the CQWW 160M in three weeks is a bit more active and blessed with
better propagation.   This season has not been that good on TB but well we
still have ten meters so there are compensations.

I like the Stew Perry format and most appreciate the single evening event -
well late nights are not my thing at 70.  This need for sleep is bad news for
160M operations.    Thank you all for the night.   I am glad to have
participated and will be back.

73 Doug EI2CN

K3 P3 diversity reception
Acom 2000A at 1500 W allowed for EI in contests only
Inverted L rising to 30m (100 ft) against substantial radial field.
WinTest and MicroKeyer II
Hi-Z four square RX antenna used with inverted L for diversity reception.