[3830] TBDC TF4M Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, otradalur@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC TF4M Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 14:59:54 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: TF4M
Operator(s): TF4M
Station: TF4M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HP85fp
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 165  Total Score = 660

Club:

Comments:

Very poor conditions.  So poor in fact that I brought out the analyzer to check
the antennas.  I concluded that the 750m long coax cable to the "Arctic
King" transmit vertical must have become salt-water logged after the
recent storms since the structure holding up the cable joint had tipped over.
Most QSOs in S&P needed several repeats and I never felt strong. Only one
QSO was made with a NA station - VE1ZJ, who called me with a very good signal
to my great surprise.  No other NA signals were heard.   I estimate the Auroral
attenuation at 128dB, so in retrospect I am quite happy with the limited number
of QSOs I made.  A few photos of my antennas shot on New Years Day, including
the Arctic King :   http://www.tf4m.com/new-years-day-2015/  Hopefully
conditions will be better next year.   73 Thor, TF4M   www.tf4m.com