[3830] RTTY Roundup ON3DI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@uba.be
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup ON3DI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:07:58 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:  124
   40:  180
   20:   79
   15:   46
   10:   47
------------
Total:  476  State/Prov = 74  Countries = 41  Total Score = 54,740

Club:

Comments:

Hi,

First I want to wish you all a HNY!

A few days before the contest I made my contestcalendar for 2015, the plan is
to skip some contests but not this one.

I started the contest on 15m, worked some USA and went then to 40m and 80m.
It was the whole contest hard to call CQ on 40m, no 'big' pile-up, that was
better on 80m.
My best hour was 20hour on Saturday with 40 QSO's. Later during the night USA
come through on 40m and quite well, I was surprised. During the CQ WW RTTY it
was hard to work USA or me, definitly better this time.
I'm not a big fan of S&P, so I tried to find a clear spot and called and
called and called, but the respons was poor.
But out of the blue S01WS came back to my call, he wasn't participating but
anyway happy to work him. A new DXCC for me!
An hour later VE2FK spotted 4U1WB, I went to the frequency, I could here him
and he hadn't a pile-up, nice! I was able to work him, yes!

A contest is always good when you work new DXCC!

After that around 2u30 I went to my bed, had 200 QSO's.

On Sunday around 8hour I called CQ on 80m (was closing) and 40m, worked still
some USA and after that I went to 20m. Here is the band small for me
(14.080-14.085), found a clear spot and called CQ and surprisingly I more
respons then I thought. In the afternoon a big station came close to me, to
close and I wanted to know who it was; it was 1A0C. I couldn't complain, it
worked him ;-)!

15m was not in the best shape, worked some DX but no respons to my CQ.

10m was fun, worked early on Sunday VK3TDX. He was again strong, the only
station I heard from that region.
I heard him also on 40m but he was to weak and in between two booming Russian
stations otherwise I think I could have worked him.
It was a long time ago that 10m was that open to USA, had fun!

A small 300 QSO's on Sunday, more then I expected.

Noticed a lot of ON stations, nice! Some competition own country is good!

50 QSO's less compared to last year but less hours also behind the TX.
Good start of the new year!

One last note, with a small station like mine (50w, vertical antenna and
dipole) you depends a lot of spots. My score would have been higher when I was
spotted on 40m or 80m, pitty... Anyway still no reason to selfspot!

Next week I will participate in a new contest, the UBA PSK63 contest.
Low expectations, but you never know....

Tnx for all the QSO's!

73,

Pieter ON3DI