[3830] RTTY Roundup K0TI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ti@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K0TI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:39:12 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0TI
Operator(s): K0TI
Station: K0TI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  278
   40:  417
   20:  391
   15:  372
   10:  239
------------
Total: 1697  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 42  Total Score = 166,306

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

My goal this year was to try for more mulitplers than last, but that sure didn't
work out that way. While I do have more contacts in the log the points total is
10K less this year.
This turned into a NA contest for sure. Did I say DX was missing this year ?
I had 10 less countries and half as many DX contacts with only 104 DX in the
log compared with 263 last year.

Had some great rates, with the best during the peak times on 40/80.
With 5 hours over 90 during the first 11 hours with the best being during the
0300-0500z hours. At one point I noticed I had 6 contacts during a 1 minute
period. Wish I could have enouogh callers to keep that up for a few hours.

So I took the long break with 110 more in the log than last year and struggled
on Sunday not to fall behind. Sunday morning was a struggle to figure out where
to be, looking for some sort of big EU run, but it never happened. For a while
it looked like 15 would be the place, but it was slow everywhere.

I had 2 equiptement failure issues this year, first, about 15 minutes in I
relized that one of the traps on the low triband yagi had failed, so it was
only good on 10 meters. This was working only a few days ago. Forutionaly I had
decided about 2 hours precontest to throw up my triband trap dipole like I did
for SS. So that low dipole become some what a work horse.
Also, sometime around midnight the left radio just went dead (just after I had
tried to move somebody, I think it might have been KE0L). A quick check of the
power supply found the primary fuse blown, so that was an easy fix.

Nice to have Bill, HC1WDT call in, signal was pretty good on 40, althougth I
did ask for a repeat on the number.

Minnesota stations accounted for 72 contacts, thanks everyone (and our
Wisconsin neighbors).

5 Bands K0AD N0AT K0TC
4 Bands W0DC
3 Bands K0JJR K0TG N0BK

Top 5 states represented, big Minnesota turn out this year, lets get all those
MWA logs turned in.

State   2014    2015
CA      187     185
TX      52      87