[3830] NAQP CW K3TN(@K4VV) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3TN(@K4VV) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 08:36:03 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K4VV

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:16
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:  110    37
   40:  153    47
   20:  215    51
   15:  134    35
   10:   47    20
-------------------
Total:  659   203  Total Score = 133,777

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Super Bowl

Comments:

Remote operation of K4VV, using RemoteRig interfaces for PC remote control of
FT1000MP. Not really a M2 operation (just me and one transmitter) but in this
configuration, the only way to tune is via mouseclicks, so I used the spotting
network to populate the bandmap - that put me in the M2 category. The Internet
connection was upgraded and that was flawless - had a few RemoteRig blips that
required down time. The mechanics of the setup also meant I could not get on
160M, so also missed out on some easy mults.

The remote setup had me using a laptop - I don't think I've done a contest from
a laptop in years - Field Day doesn't count. Lack of keyboard and screen real
estate for N1MM took a while to get used to - next time I'll add keyboard and
monitor.

Nice to see the AI6V tribute - but did someone named Mug from Alabama also pass
on?? Eds and Als seemed scarcer - less feeling of a need for speed I guess.
There was a whole lot of Chacho going on from the Caribbean.

Had a really nice run on 20 - it was like MorseRunner when you set it so that
only one station comes back, no QRN/lids/QSB. Just a never ending string of
calls coming in, that was fun.

First contest in over a year where I didn't work several W1AWs...