[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8MR LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8MR LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 03:27:20 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 16

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   8      7
   40:  14     11
   20:   2      2
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  24     20  Total Score = 480

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The NS adventures from the Sunshine State continue. After dark tonight I took
note of a palm tree 10 feet from the corner of our condo unit. With the unit
below unoccupied, I figured I could get up a dipole without being conspicuous
about it. And I did, a 40/20 dipole about 25 feet at the center.

This is still a noisy location. On 40 I think I heard some people calling that
I couldn't pull out. 20 was basically dead again. The KXPA100 tuned the dipole
on 80, but it couldn't make it loud.

But it was still good to pass out some QSOs and the FL mult. See you in the
NAQP this weekend. Plan is to take the KX3 to a waterfront park and play on the
high bands during the afternoon.

73  -  Jim  K8MR