[3830] NAQP SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:13:08 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   10     3
   80:   14     4
   40:   29    13
   20:   51    29
   15:   44    26
   10:   80    28
-------------------
Total:  228   103  Total Score = 23,484

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

First two hours on the finicky 10 meter band. Signals
rapidly up and down. Could hear but couldn't work the
close by CA, NV, OR, UT, ...

Then a break to check for the EP Iran, but not working
USA yet. Took a lunch break, then I search and pounced
up 15m and 20m.

Another long break for a walk, dinner, and listen
again for EP Iran. Finally worked him on RTTY.

Then a s&p slide down 40m and 80m. I made my
promised 200 QSOs and was ready to call it quits -
but it is just crazy fun to try QRP Phone on 80m
and 160m. Sure is tougher than CW. Some guys hear
you, most guys don't.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10/15/20m: C-31XR at 71ft, C-3 at 52ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 80 ft
160m: Inverted L off tower
One Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog, microham keyer
SDR-IQ and Spectravue software spectrum display