[3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:17:27 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   15     7
   80:  107    31
   40:  391    55
   20:  313    54
   15:  301    51
   10:  305    40
-------------------
Total: 1432   238  Total Score = 340,816

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

10m and 15m were much better than I expected.  First three hours averaged 200 Qs
per hour.  That was a blast.  Then it was time to QSY to 20m.  Unfortunately, I
kept getting kicked around the band by heavy QRM and my rate suffered trying to
find a clear frequency.  40m was the money band.

My biggest mistake of the contest was leaving 40m too early for 80m.  I knew
80m was going to be tough, but I certainly wasn’t ready for the brick wall
that awaited me.  Stubbornly, I kept trying to move guys and make something
happen, with little success to show for it.  That huge waste of time probably
cost me around 100 Qs.

160m isn’t worth talking about.

Congratulations to N9RV on a monster score!  Wow!  Congratulations to K0EU and
K5TR for great scores too.

Thanks to all for the Qs and another fun NAQP Saturday.

73, Mitch, K7RL