[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 01:49:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~8.5

  160:   72    26
   80:  142    29
   40:  160    42
   20:  189    36
   15:   77    25
   10:   46    17
-------------------
Total:  686   175  Total Score = 120,050

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Team Ravens

Comments:

Conditions were not well suited to my high antennas on 10 and 15, very
frustrating to not be able to run hardly anyone and have to sit in line
S&P. Several Q5 east coast stations on backscatter just could not hear me.
Conditions on 20-10 had been much better consistently about a week before the
QP. Skip zones were quite long compared to then leaving not much to work on 10.
It was the ultimate in frustration until about 2130Z when 20 finally picked up a
bit. I had a good run going on 40 I got the dinner call around 2250Z, never
could carve a hole after that. I had a decent run on 75 and 160 worked out well
getting there early, but conditions were quite poor beyond the Mississippi on
both bands. It was almost fun at best, pure frustration at the worst. Thanks to
WB8EKG who saved the day on 5 bands for a WV mult.