[3830] NAQP SSB N7GP(N5IA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N7GP(N5IA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 03:35:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ -- DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 5:44
Remote Operation

  160:   56    20
   80:   70    27
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  126    47  Total Score = 5,922

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: Arizona Outlaws - Mavericks

Comments:

This operation was to test the new TX antenna arrays for 160 M and 75/80 M.  I
do not have antennas for the higher frequency bands.

I had previously operated only one time as a single op (40 M single band) in
this contest and I did not have a good feeling of what to expect.

I operated a bit over 3 hours on 75 Meters and then 2 hours on 160 Meters.

It was a surprise to me to call literally multiple dozens of loud and clear
stations on 75 Meters and not even receive a '?'.  It made me wonder how these
stations do any good at all when running HIGH POWER.  Running was an equally
poor endeavor.

The conditions on 160 M were, IMHO, fair, but better than 75 Meters.

I hope conditions are better for the CQ 160 CW this next weekend.

73, and thanks for the Q's.

Milt, N5IA, operator of N7GP