[3830] CQ160 CW N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:35:00 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 375  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 5  Total Score = 46,683

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100 at 100 Watts to Inverted L 50' high, two 135' radials elevated
at 10 feet.  Transmit and receive on this antenna.

End result 50% better than 2011 that was 50% better than 2009.  This is the
first outing on CQ160 from the new QTH (2013) and am still working on getting
the antenna system right.  By the SSB part of this event I will have the PRO-1B
Loop up, weather delayed getting it up for this event (Christmas gift from XYL
NE5LL).  So, hearing anything over the noise on the Inverted L was an absolute
limiting factor.  I know of at least 20 folks who called me and I could not
copy.

Friday night was good with 200 QSO, Saturday before sunrise another 50 in the
log and then Saturday evening another 125 stations ... all of the DX stations
heard were worked then.  I did not hear any signals outside of KP2, KP4, ZF2,
and HI3 ... just too much noise. (Friday noise was S9 +10 and Saturday S7-9
better for hearing!)

I only missed Maine for the lower-48, and never heard any KH6 or KL7 activity.

73, Jim