[3830] CQ160 CW KR2E Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KR2E@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KR2E Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:04:20 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KR2E
Operator(s): KR2E
Station: KR2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

Total:  QSOs = 13  State/Prov = 6  Countries = 1  Total Score = 156

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Attached a big coil to base of 80M inverted L and it resonated somewhere below
1.8 MHz but close enough that my antenna tuner would work in the 160 cw band.
Despite most of my 100w being absorbed by the tuner and the coil, I managed to
make a few contacts.  After dark, noise level was S-0, many stations S-9, but
few could hear me.  Thanks to all that did.  I am now motivated to trim the
coil for 160M resonance and prepare for the long solar winter to come.
Rig: FTDX3000 - sweet radio!!
73....de KR2E.....Paul