[3830] CQ160 CW YR8E(@YO8RNI) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pituionut@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW YR8E(@YO8RNI) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:37:27 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: YR8E
Operator(s): YO8RIX YO8RHM YO8RNI
Station: YO8RNI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: kn37is
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 1006  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 52  Total Score = 426,166

Club:

Comments:

Great contest at YR8E!
For the first time we've had good technical conditions and two very good
operators working and the results if far better then the last year.
We've managed to put up a 27m high vertical with good ground radials,optimized
with eznec for a better pattern(tnx 4X1AD!) and two beverage antenna, NE and NW
wich, along with the EWE antenna offered us a pretty decent receiving.There is
still place for improvment,we feel it, but it is a big step ahead for us.
In the first night propagations was very difficult and we finished at 06:30z
with only 466 qso's in log, no JA's and only one W stations.Very
disapointting!The second evening JA stations apeared in the log and later, in
the morning a very good run for W stations made us very happy and kept away the
tiredness.Much better conditions from saturday evening to the end of the
contest!Sunday evening we've had another good run with a nice pile-up fron JA,
nice!We never heard nor worked JA until now!We even managed to put in log
BA7IO, another "first time" for us!Last hours was very challenging
since we set our target for 1000qso's and only  at 21:30z we managed to get
there!We've made 6 more qso's over 1000, 3 of them new country!We end up with
43 JA's ,7 VE and 51 W stations in the log for a total of 22 state.
We still need improvement on working more countries, we've had only 52 in the
log.
In the end we are very pleased with the results and hope it will be the same in
SSB, although much difficult there!
We used the K3 with an Acom 2000, 27m vertical antenna with two beverage and 4
EWE antenna.Everything was running perfect, no technical issue at all!
A big thanks to our main operators, Catalin-YO8RIX and Mugurel-YO8RHM!

Thanks everyone for qso and thanks to our competitor, YR8D for the challenge!
You can see more on yr8e.com where we will put in the next days  pictures and
info's about the technical conditions we've had.Also a small video with the
vertical antenna setup.

See you on SSB!

73!
Bob