[3830] CQ160 CW W7IV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W7IV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 04:11:08 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W7IV
Operator(s): W7IV
Station: W7IV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 507  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 16  Total Score = 116,886

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Of all the bands in all the Amateur Spectrum, 160 should not have been the
choice for my first real CW contest effort.  Usually I just cherry-pick needed
entities or hand out some macro-enabled Q's, but after S&P'ing my way
through everyone I could hear in Friday nite I figured that I was going to have
to call CQ if I was going to get anywhere.  It was a lot of work and I
appreciate everyone putting up with my crappy CW.

Just a couple weeks ago I had a local group (and Tom) help put up the new N6BT
160m vertical.  It was a monster and took 5 people to get it up.  3.5 inch tube
for the bottom 20' it's built like a brick outhouse.  Combined with diversity
receive with a Pixel loop, I think I did pretty well from the left coast.  I
just have to gird my loins for the LCR...

160 is the outlier for 9 band DXCC and I have been trying hard since I got the
antenna.  Best DX this weekend was EA8 and CS2F.  Got the XW, HL, and a slew of
JA's (which were very welcome points.)

Thanks again for everyone's patience and I hope to come back next time a little
better prepared.