[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KA2KQM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF KA2KQM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:09:17 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  35     24  Total Score = 1,296

Club:

Comments:

Was only able to get on for about 3 hours due to other obligations. Two hours on
Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday which was mostly spent trying to make a 2304 MHz
QSO. Conditions in the SE seemed to vary between moderate and poor. Activity
was a bit low. But, I was very pleased to work the QSO's that I did on 4 bands.
It was great to catch up with old friends again. Ran 100 watts and 5 elements on
6, 1500 watts (at times) or 45 watts and 16 elements on 144, 50 watts and 23
elements on 432, 3 watts and 55 elements on 1296. One high point was having a 3
way QSO with KX4R and W4AMP on 1296 MHz. That was a first for me. Glad I have
sequencer working on 1296 MHz for full transceive there. Please encourage all
of your ham neighbors or friends to try SSB on on 50, 144 and 432 MHz. Many of
the newer multimode radios have these bands. We need to elmer more folks into
trying weak signal to show them how much fun it is. Hope we can get more folks
to be active and join the nets, activity nights or just get on the air in
between contests. We each need to make it a goal to get on the air at least
once each week if not more. 73 and GL to all!