[3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 19:08:53 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   68     1.1
   40:   71     1.2
   20:  111     1.7
---------------------

Club:

Team: Voice of NS

Comments:

Now that was fun! With my main amp in the shop and shack torn apart, I ran this
one using my IC7000 and 400w. There is no box to check for Medium Power .. big
difference. Lost most jump balls at first, so just CQed up and down the bands
with an occasional mult picked up on the second radio at 100w.

Nebraska got me for WAS .. didn't hear and never heard anyone working one. I
heard but didn't work VE4, VE6, and VO1, and worked VE1, VE3, and VE9. Still
more mults than I've ever worked in a Sprint.

It's really great to once again see and hear the enthusiasm and excitement for
SSB Sprinting. Outstanding teamwork and leadership, an excellent web site, new
twists, and the personal touch really brought folks back and brought new folks
in. We need more ops in CW and RTTY Sprinting. SSB Sprinting is a terrific
introduction .. it's how I got started.

I hope a writeup of this effort appears in the NCJ. It certainly rates as one
of the biggest contesting turnarounds in recent memory. I suspect other
contests will take note. Thanks N6WM, K4XS, K7SS, K9PG, KA9FOX, KW8N, N4OX,
W9RE and WDØT and everyone who came out and played!

73, Bob, w0bh