[3830] NA Sprint SSB N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 19:52:38 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:  13      0.5
   40:  55     1.75
   20:   4     0.25
---------------------
Total:  72     Mults = 36  Total Score = 2,592

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team #2

Comments:

40 was the only band worth anything.  20 had a large skip zone, was hard to win
the "jump ball", and few big guns were listening for a peanut whistle
calling CQ.  With 40 meters early, close in stations were copyable, and it was
possible to win a "jump ball" and make a couplet.

This confirms my belief that sprint rules HEAVILY favor the big guns.  For me,
a CW sprint is somewhat equal to in pleasure to having a root canal done by a
dentist who lacks Novocain.  A SSB sprint is perhaps a magnitude less
pleasurable.