[3830] NA Sprint SSB K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:00:44 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   45    0:31
   40:  155    1:57
   20:  114    1:32
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp.  Congratulations to the sponsor
committee for resurrecting a nearly dead contest and making it better than
ever.  Let's keep it up for future Sprints.  The new mults seemed to bring out
the HI, DC, and former MAR hams in force.  20M was very good to New England,
west of TX/OK and to all of the W0, W6, and W7 areas, as well as the Caribbean.
 It was possible also to work some nearer in stations by backscatter or ground
wave.  It seemed to me that there was an organized prepared and deliberate QRM
to Sprinters at the beginning between 14225 and 14240.  I heard a bit of it
later, but think the really strong stations doing the QRM either went inside my
skip zone or gave up after a short while.  Everyone seemed to be courteous on 40
and 80.  40 was in excellent condition to practically all of NA.  80 was quiet
and signals were generally good from all areas except the far west, where only
the strongest high power stations were strong.  I heard only one station in the
Sprint above 3800 and go no answers to CQs up there.  I guess you need an Extra
to work this contest on 80, but there seemed to be a lot of them to work.
Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.