[3830] NA Sprint SSB NK7U(K7ZO) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB NK7U(K7ZO) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:56:02 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): K7ZO
Station: NK7U

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 2:05
Remote Operation

   80:   38       2
   40:   59      26
   20:   29      18
---------------------

Club:

Team: Northwest STREET CORNER Team #1

Comments:

Wow -- had not done a sprint in years. Took a while to remember how to do it but
after dozen or so QSOs it all came back. Kind of like riding a bike. This is
actually my second entry -- which is a bit of a stretch of the rules. I
operated my home station in Idaho on 20 for the first 90 minutes until the
activity died. I only have a 20 dipole here. Then after a short dinner break
got back on via a remote link into the NK7U station in Oregon for the last 2
hours. Activity was fantastic. Across both operations, I think I heard every
state but NE but also missed getting ID and WV into the log. At one point I won
a jump ball and remembered hearing a VE1 in the pileup so I called for him only
to have VO1KVT come back, both he and the VE1 were in the same pile! NP2X had a
giant signal out this way on all bands and I even heard F1AKK work W6YX on 40.
4U1WB was also a surprise and great to hear Masa back on the air.

Let's do this again. Thanks to the organizers and promoters for great work.

Scott/K7ZO & NK7U