[3830] RTTY WPX WK7S(K6LL) SOSB15(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll.dave@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WK7S(K6LL) SOSB15(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:33:51 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WK7S
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOSB15(TS) HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1209
   10:
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I kind of slacked off after finding that the European opening was very weak here
in western Arizona on Sunday.  Took a shower, made a beef stew from scratch,
experimented with AFSK (no good - the low tones have unequal power), and made
some high-rate qso's with a different call sign.  I kept coming back though,
like a moth to a flame.

Finally, we have some good VE3NEA-type RTTY skimmers here in the west.  What a
game-changer!  I don't think the RTTY crowd fully realizes the potential of
this machinery yet.  Yes, the skimmers sometimes do misunderstand who is
calling CQ and who is S&P, but that is fairly rare, and is quickly resolved
by deleting (alt-D) the bad spot.  Frequency accuracy of the spots is quite good
- less than 150 Hz off. The keyboard arrow keys move the VFO nicely onto
frequency when that happens.  Many thanks to KO7AA, N7TR, and W7EG for
providing the western skimmers.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.