[3830] ARRLDX CW W0MU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0mu@w0mu.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W0MU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:30:36 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0MU
Operator(s): W0MU
Station: W0MU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   12    11
   80:   75    50
   40:   54    53
   20:   42    39
   15:   51    43
   10:  385   106
-------------------
Total:  619   302  Total Score = 560,814

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I was going to do a single 10 but I forgot that ARRL does not allow packet in
their single band entries so I am reclassified to Single Op Unlimited.

I was really hoping for the old 10 meters again.  It was ok but not like the
good old days.  I was late getting to the radio in Saturday morning.  Sunday
conditions seemed better.

I was hoping for more from 80 to add to my DXCC totals.  I got a few new ones
but conditions from my QTH seemed poor.

I spent a bunch of time chasing down stations on 5 and 6 bands.

I hooked up my 8 ele circle RCV array Friday morning and not sure it is working
as well as it should.  Without it 80/160 totals would be far less.

Kudos to those that worked me on 160 with the 80m Inv V.  I did snag the TI9
though!

500 watts is decent on CW but beat out by the big boys regularly.  Nice to beat
out some big boys a few times too.

It was fun to work 100 countries on 10m.  No new mults for the last 6 hours of
the contest???

Got up throughout the night to catch some good stuff on 80m....Didn't and
should have just stayed in bed!  HI!