[3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:36:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    8     8
   80:   35    26
   40:  164    59
   20:  186    74
   15:  224    64
   10:  150    49
-------------------
Total:  767   280  Total Score = 644,280

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100 100 W.  F-12 C3 @64', 80/40 Fan Dipole N-S @50'. Inverted L for
160 50' vertical section.  PRO-1B Loop for Receive on 160.

Set out to improve over last year, lost prime time on Saturday solving issues
at second QTH, so while close to the same time on the air, nothing to show for
the morning and early afternoon hours on Saturday, about 300 fewer contacts.

The Elecraft certainly makes it easier to sort out your receive side.  The
radio conditions were not as good as last year and signal to noise suffered as
20-15-10, where I usually have no noise level, the solar noise was running S2-3
here.  Sunday morning on 40M was a delight, very strong JA and Oceania got most
guys with my first call.  Doubled my 160M results and improved country count on
all bands except 10 Meters ... when open great, not open as much this year.

I worked 8 QRP contacts, I would not have been able to work them with the old
rig, as the noise rejection isn't as good as the K3 - great receiver.