[3830] ARRLDX CW N4XL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason00@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4XL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:44:15 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

  160:    8     8
   80:   71    36
   40:  219    63
   20:  432    68
   15:  509    70
   10:  418    65
-------------------
Total: 1657   310  Total Score = 1,538,220

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Wow! Fantastic conditions! Thank you World for the great participation!

The TS590 performed flawlessly and a pleasure to use. Thought I had a problem
with it though as was running on 7049 and all of a sudden W3LPL came on top of
me and stole my frequency.  Didn't realize it was him for a bit and tried to
push the intruder off.  Me and my 100 watts on a 520 foot horizontal loop up at
25 feet. What's the saying? "I think I can! I think I can!" Then I
heard his call and said "I know I can't! I know I can't!" While
reaching for the VFO to move I noticed I was now on 7007. Huh. Didn't
understand how I got there until I realized I must have been trying to type a
call in, had just the "7" typed in and hit enter. The rig shifted to
7007. Sorry 'LPL. Didn't really lose my mind and think I could steal your
freq!

And thanks to the team who revamped N1MM. Quite a treat and improvement over
the previous version.

Kept email up on a second computer and a few hours before the end received an
email from the local hospital. They had a power outage and were calling in all
the volunteers so had to quit. Then we were told no, we weren't needed, so I
cam back for a bit. Then called in again. Just sat there for an hour without
doing anything and they finally let us go 15 minutes before the end of the
contest. Oh well. Still had my best CW score ever.

I will keep trying, but I don't think I will ever be a great CW operator like
so many I hear. Apologize for my shortcomings. Practice makes perfect though
and that is why I did this one.  Very glad I did as I had much fun!

Thanks to all and looking forward to it again.

Kevan
N4XL