[3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 01:12:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA (EMA)
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:   11    10
   80:   82    42
   40:  161    58
   20:  267    71
   15:  276    76
   10:  283    68
-------------------
Total: 1080   325  Total Score = 1,053,000

Club:

Comments:

Received the 2014 1st Place certificate for SOLP EMA a few days before the
contest. I knew it would be tough to repeat this year.

I was worn out physically from the all the roof raking and shoveling 100+
inches of snow. It snowed almost continuously for the past 3 weeks. Winter
started the third week of January, the day after I installed my 160M inverted
L.

Surprisingly I ended up 200K points better than 2014 with less chair time. A
very big increase in multipliers really helped the score.

Great conditions overall. Worked a bunch of QRP stations with very good
signals. Only missed one DL that I couldn't pull out of the noise...sorry!

First time ever during S&P I worked LP JA's in between 599+ South America
stations on 10 and 15 with my beam due south. Got DP1POL on the first call in a
massive pileup too. Great fun competing with and sometimes beating the big
guns!

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, MFJ Differential T tuner, Winkeyer USB
Antennas: 4 element yagi (10/15/20), dipoles for 40/80, 160M inverted L
Computer: Windows 7 PC running N1MM

Thanks for all the QSO's !

Going to try phone too...maybe a single band effort

73  Rick  N1DC