[3830] ARRLDX CW K1TO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1TO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 01:54:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:   37    27
   80:  297    51
   40:  806    73
   20: 1031    88
   15: 1038    91
   10: 1019    84
-------------------
Total: 4228   414  Total Score = 5,249,934

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

SO1R.  Lots of fun and zero pressure.  Line noise gone almost all weekend.  More
operation the 2nd day; in fact, missed most of the first night.

With the solar flux at 119-120, it wasn't clear how well 10M would hold up.  I
found it to be better the first day (E21YDP called in during the morning EU
run), but surprisingly good both days.

And our 20m pre-dawn opening to EU was there both days, again better on day
one.  VR2UU/QRP called during that time as well.

Spent several hours focused on JAs since we won't be able to work JA for very
much longer in this cycle, but this is not as popular a contest there as it is
in EU and rates were minimal.

For the rate junkies among us, there is a 60-minute period of 214 in there and
several more over 200.

Lots of holes in the multiplier chart.  Mults were an afterthought.  Almost had
0/0 on 160 but opted to check the band and found audible EU over the S9+ noise I
have on that band.

Had to laugh when K1CC up in CT, using LP and a wire erected recently by SP4Z,
beat my KW and 2L inv vee beam out to the very first station I called on 80!
Nothing can overcome the huge advantage of W1 on 80M.

Thanks to all the callers, especially the multi-banders!  And thanks to those
in rarer countries who made the time to get on.

Looking forward to more fun on SSB in 2 weeks.

vy 73, Dan